Our Home Renovation & Design Party Is About To Get Started
Hello fabulous farmers,
I’ve missed you during this very long construction delay. Are you all still out there? And to some new friends who have joined us, thank you for subscribing and welcome to the farm!
Well, she made it. Mrs. Colonial made it through another winter. She’s further dilapidated, but she’s still standing, and as Spring blankets its beauty all around us here in California, it also brings some color to the farm.
First of all, I wanted to bring you up to speed on our project.
1. The official rainy season as per the city building department has ended. We’re free to
start our grading on slopes greater than 10 percent.
2. We’ve received our building permits for the main house and the new, ground-floor master.
3. We’ve hired our third architect for our new entertainment space/man-cave (long painful story
I’ll share with you later).
4. We’re way over our original budget and looking for creative ways to save.
As you may recall, the fire department threw a whole host of requirements at us last fall, which our team weren’t able to tackle before the official rainy season began, thus the long winter delay.
We are required to:
1. Install a fire hydrant down at the street.
2. Provide a new parking pad at the street for the firetrucks to safely fill their trucks.
3. Widen the entire length of the driveway and pave it.
4. Install a passing lane halfway up the driveway.
5. Install a round-a-about at the top of the driveway for trucks to turn around.
Where exactly does this all leave us?
We’re doing this thing and it all starts tomorrow!
Yes, I finally get to say, "We're getting this renovation party started". We’ll start by tackling the fire department requirements, and the excavation to build the retaining wall for the new master suite.
Once this project really gets underway, I plan to share a lot of the day-to-day activity on Instagram. If you’d like to follow me there, you can find me at @RockHavenFarm_ . Go to my profile and “follow” me. If you want to be notified when I share something new, in the upper right hand corner of my profile, push the “…” , that will take you to the screen where you can select to turn on Post Notifications and Story Notifications. If you want to search this project by hashtag, I’ll be using #RHFreno. And of course, I’ll also bring you this whole beautiful renovation story right here on the blog.
Thanks you guys for sticking with me. I can’t tell you in words how happy we are to finally get this renovation and design project going. I’ll see you very soon on the farm!
PS: Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like me to share with you, or any ideas you have of how you’d like me to deliver this all to you.